Breaking into a roller shutter is something that most criminals, burglars, and thieves would not even consider, as the task involves a huge amount of skills, physical effort, patience and timing, also a certain amount of luck.
Here is a list of reasons why roller shutters in Adelaide can not be broken into. Keep reading to find out more:
Are roller shutters secure?
Roller shutters are generally a very secure and safe measure of protection for homes and businesses. Most criminals will stop by seeing a roller shutter installed on a property for different reasons:
- Window roller shutters usually make a lot of noise when opening and closing normally.
- Therefore, the noise of a forced roller shutter would be incredibly obvious and would give away the location of the thieves immediately.
- Furthermore, the material of most roller shutters is difficult to break through without special tools or equipment.
Can I cut roller shutters?
Attempting to cut through the material of the shutter is another way how a criminal may try to break in. However, it is a difficult practice very rarely attempted by thieves, burglars, or criminals.
Cutting through the aluminium or steel material of a shutter would require the use of power tools that would usually be extremely loud as well as awkward for the criminal to use.
Alternatively, the criminal may try to cut the box on the roller shutter rather than cutting the shutter slats. It is a more feasible method for the criminal but it still requires the use of heavy-duty tools and is time-demanding depending on the strength of the lock used.
Furthermore, cutting the box will also be very loud and it will alert anyone in the surrounding area that a break-in is in progress.
As you can see, this could be a problem for a criminal and an unnecessary risk they don’t want to take.
Can you force open a roller shutter?
One of the most common ways thieves attempt to break into roller shutters is simply using brute strength to try to force the shutter open. That rarely works and is only possible with roller shutters of lighter materials, weaker strength and cheaper materials.
Furthermore, attempting to force a roller shutter open will be incredibly noisy and will generally alert anyone in the surrounding area of what is happening, most criminals will avoid this method of breaking into a roller shutter as it has a lot of unknown variables that will make the break-in much harder than a home without a roller shutter.
Are homes with roller shutters harder to break into?
Normally criminals will simply take one look at the roller shutter and give up as they know how difficult it will be to break into the property.
To break in through a roller shutter, the criminal may first plan out how to break in, what tools they need, how to ensure they won’t get caught as well as what the next step is if they do make it past the roller shutters.
Preventing break-ins from occurring is something that the roller shutter will nearly always do. However, there are ways in which residents or homeowners can help add security to the roller shutter.
- For example, installing an alarm in the same area as the roller shutter will be the ultimate deterrent for criminals attempting to break in.
- If a burglar is trying to break into a roller shutter and they hear the piercing sound of an alarm in their ear, they are guaranteed to give up and leave as quickly as possible.
- The installation of security cameras is also a good idea when trying to protect your home and loved ones.
- Furthermore, the knowledge that there is a security camera in place, as well as roller shutters, would stop any criminals from considering an attempted break into an area.
The protection and security provided by a roller shutter will nearly always prevent even the most skilled of burglars from breaking in. The presence alone of a roller shutter will destroy the hopes of a burglar who wishes to break into a house as they will be aware of the difficulty and skill it would take to break in through the roller shutter.
The best roller shutters in Adelaide are from Open N Shut:
If you are looking for the best roller shutters in Adelaide, we are the ones who can provide the best quality and service. Request your free quote today by clicking here.
We can provide a free quote that will suit your needs. All you have to do is get in touch and our friendly staff members will get in touch with you soon!